Monday, October 4, 2010

Introducing Kelsey Reese!

She's here! Kelsey Reese Abele was born at 2:32pm on Friday, October 1st. She was 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long.

Leigh and I didn't find out the gender of our baby, so it was a wonderful surprise when she came out and we found out we had a daughter. Labor and delivery could not have gone better...we had been praying about that and for a healthy baby for 9 months, and we are so thankful the Lord answered our prayers in that way. We actually had a photographer friend photograph some before and during the delivery, but we did take a few snapshots throughout the last couple of days. Here are just a few of our pics to share with everyone.


This is Leigh, aka - Superwoman, only a few minutes after labor. She looks like she just put makeup on for hot date...doesn't exactly look like a woman who labored for 11 hours.

Mommy checking out her little bundle of joy...

Sweet little Kelsey...she was very calm after birth.


Daddy and his little girl...

Nothing like holding your daughter in your arms...

Love the look on her face...she is already very expressive.

This is one of my favorites. She was just so calm and content with Leigh holding her. She just looked around the room wide-eyed and coo'ed a little here and there...it was so sweet.

haha...making faces....awesome!

One of my favorite moments of the day...Leigh and baby resting quietly.

So sweet!

She was suckleing while sleeping...it was so funny listening to the little "popping" sounds she was making with her lips. You don't get the full effect with the picture, but its still cute.

Sleeping...being a baby is hard work.

My little girl...

I can get used to this dad thing...

Don't let her fool you...this chick has a serious grip. I wonder how early is too early to start boot camp? Future boot camp champion in the making :)

Hand on the face...it looked so comfortable I figured I'd try it too...

She is a cute one! I give Leigh 100% credit for that :)

...at this point Kelsey is wondering what is that big black thing dad keeps sticking in my face. It clicks alot....hmmm....

A flash of a smile...it was probably gas...but I'll take it! I can't wait until she is smiling and laughing all the time...its gonna be fun.

More looking around...all kinds of new stuff to check out. Although newborns can't see that far, she is definitely looking at something.

Just a little kiss from mommy...

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but she was looking at me out of the corner of her eyes...it so cute...and it made me laugh.
Alright, so its official...I'm one of those parents that just gushes over every single thing his daughter does. I'm gonna try hard not to spoil her...its going to be tough :)
Continue to keep us in your prayers...we covet wisdom to raise our child properly and take care of all her needs. We also want sleep...which is a rare luxury these days :) Thank you to everyone who has given us gifts, come by to see us, prayed for us, or just wished us well. We are incredibly blessed and look forward to the upcoming days, weeks, and months as Kelsey grows.
-M&L


No comments: